Returns and Refunds Policy
Return of faulty or incorrect goods
If any goods arrive faulty or not as ordered then please inform us by telephone or email as soon as possible. This must be no later than 7 days from receipt of goods. We will then contact You to make arrangements for the goods to be returned and replaced.
We would advise You to obtain a certificate of posting for goods which are returned to us. The faulty goods will be collected within 14 days of the day after receipt. The goods will be replaced or the cost of goods and carriage will be refunded at Your discretion. Any refund will be paid within 30 days of agreeing to do so. Goods must be returned in good saleable condition.
Intelligent Membrane’s sole liability for defective or damaged Goods shall be to repair or replace at its option the Goods or relevant part.
Goods that You wish to return as unwanted which are not incorrect, faulty or subject to clause 8 of these terms and conditions will receive a credit note calculated at a rate subject to any applicable exclusions or conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions.
Except for death or personal injury caused by the Seller, the Seller shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage, costs or expenses of whatever nature which arise from the supply of Goods or their use or resale unless expressly provided in these Conditions.
Refunds for goods Damaged in Transit
On rare occasions, goods may be damaged in transit in which case the following procedure must be followed to ensure Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (replaces the Sale of Goods Act, Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, and the Supply of Goods and Services 1979 -as amended) are maintained, failure to follow this procedure may result in any claim being rejected by us. We insure our goods in transit risk transfers to You (the Customer) on completion of delivery when the goods are signed for; in order to process a claim for damage in transit successfully the following procedure must be followed;
If goods are damaged You must confirm this in writing on the delivery note at the time of delivery. Do not accept damaged goods without doing this, evidence will be required to prove the damage was caused in transit and not subsequently:
No claims for damaged goods will be accepted once You have signed for the order unless:-
- The delivery note is countersigned as ‘damaged goods’ by You (or anyone signing and accepting the goods) at the time of delivery.
- You must alert the driver of the damage and Your intention to notify us
- Take photos as evidence to support Your claim
- Contact us immediately to inform us that the goods have been delivered damaged
- You must keep, and store in a safe place, the damaged goods – they will be required for inspection (once a claim is made the title of the goods passes to the insurer).
Damaged goods that are reported to us at the time of delivery with supporting evidence as described above will be replaced at no cost to You, (the Customer) inclusive of carriage charge for replacement product.
Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (replaces the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended) to reject defective or damaged Goods will be lost if:-
- You or Your representative(s) intimates acceptance to us (the Seller) for example by signing for the goods without notifying us of the damage or
- You or Your representative(s) do anything after delivery which is inconsistent with the normal and intended use of the goods or ownership of the Seller, or
- You or Your representative(s) retain the goods for more than 7 days without communicating Your rejection to us.
We may, at our discretion, accept or reject the cancellation of any contract or the return of any goods not required for credit or refund. Any such cancellation or return shall be on such terms as we specify and in particular, we may charge You a handling fee plus a re-stocking charge of 35% of the cost of the goods plus any freight and may include additional costs incurred on cancelled orders.
Special orders, non-stock items, and items which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly and all natural insulation products will not be accepted for return.
Where You are a “consumer” under a “distance contract” (both as defined in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) You may cancel a contract within seven working days after the date the goods are delivered. You must return the goods to the location from which they were delivered or request us to collect the goods, at Your cost. You have a right to cancel Your order, but this must be done in writing either by email, fax or letter. You should tell us exactly which products You would like to return, quoting the invoice number concerned. Cancellation by telephone cannot be accepted. Exclusions may apply.
Returns will only be accepted provided that:
- You have complied with the provisions of clause 4. Faulty or incorrect goodsand
- You have notified Intelligent Membranes in writing within 7 working days of receipt of goods and
- Intelligent Membranes has agreed in writing to accept the return of the goods; and
- the goods are returned at Your cost within fourteen (14) days of the delivery date: and
- Intelligent Membranes will not be liable for goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner and;
- The goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material in as new condition as is reasonably possible in the circumstances.
All monies which You paid to us for the returned goods, excluding the original cost of delivery to You will be repaid to You within 30 days. Refunds are dependent on goods being returned by You fit for resale, undamaged and in original packaging to the specified stocking location.
We reserve the right to make a re-stocking charge for any good returned at our discretion. This charge will be made after the goods have been returned in satisfactory condition for re-sale (see conditions above) and will be applied before any refund. Re-stocking charges can vary You will be advised in writing at the time of request.